I decided to support the band Midi Lidi I randomly came across on the internets by visiting their concert. It was also the first time I visited the Meet Factory – a perceived Mecca of Prague artists and intellectuals.
- Concert hall was non-smoking.
- Nice gesture when they baptised a link to uloz.to instead of physical medium.
- Parody of “Co je nejkrásnější” nationalist song.
- Despite concert was advertised to start at 20:30, Midi Lidi were scheduled
only at 22:15 (there were other musicians performing before them).
- There was also an exhibition, which I didn’t grasp. I liked the quote “I’ll send the army of sociologists!” though.
- However, they still started almost at 23:00 (on Monday(!), cf. Mucha).
- Sound quality was very poor.
- Very loud, my ears were overdriven into non-linear mode.
- Low ratio of vocals and instruments.
- People density was (locally) very high.
- Was it playback or did they perform live?
- Signer/dancer, women dancer/lysophonist (clarinetist), flegmatic drummer, guitarist.
- Most people around my age, skewed to the olders.
- People without collars were dancing (I had a polo shirt so I didn’t dance :-).
- Music and Midi Lidi supported the dance.
- A guy decided to “swim” on people’s hands. I was afraid he’d get above me, it happened and he fell down :-p